Sunday, December 5, 2010

The handmade birthday box....


So my husband's birthday is on December 1st.

My 5 yo daughter asked me for a box that one of my supplies came in and took it off to the kitchen. She would not let me see what she was up to. :-)

Here is what emerged....the birthday box. Markers, tape, colored pencil, crayons....they were all used. Note the number of times she used "so" on the card....do you think she's a daddy's girl?!

Inside she made a giant cut-out snowflake as the actual present. Definitely gives new meaning to the words "handmade with love". She added the pink bow that she had saved from one of her own birthday presents.

By the way, my husband just loved it.

Will definitely go in the bin of things to keep to bring out and embarrass here when she's 16.

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. That's fab! My DH carries a clear plastic sleeve, containing a drawing/writing our son did for him when he was 3 or 4 years old. It goes in his work bag and he always keeps it with him. Such a little thing, but it means a lot to him.
    It's wonderful when our children do these things for us, all on their own.
    Great gift-box - tell Mia I think she did a great job. No wonder her daddy was pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh that's so cute!! How touching to receive a gift with so much love in it. Thanks for sharing this story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys. It was just so sweet and just came from that truly unconditional love she has for her dad. She is such a daddy's girl!! lol

    ReplyDelete