Saturday, May 23, 2009

Modernizing vintage...



It started with my grandmother's vintage earring, as seen in the photo. She was a woman who loved her jewelry and I remember watching her get dressed and picking out just the right piece to wear with her outfit.


I now have much of her costume jewelry and was looking through it last week when I came upon this earring. Not exactly anything I would wear personally, but I did notice the center of it had a modern flair.


So out came my molding compound. I molded just the center, and then used the mold to create this little retro 40's flower. I love it. The perfect way for me to having something sentimental yet more my own style.


Enjoy my new retro 40's flower pendant: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25434098


**Dedicated to my grandmother, who sparked a lot of my love for jewelry. Though our styles are different, the old adage of daily accessorizing just for yourself still holds true. **

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Bet your grandma would be real proud of you!

    ReplyDelete