Monday, June 8, 2009

Measure twice, cut once...


Creating comes in many forms...and right now that form is in finishing our basement.


When I started my jewelry shop, I confiscated our dedicated playroom area. So where exactly do all those kid toys go? Well, they seem to go all over the house, so my entire house feels like a giant play pit.


We decided to finish our basement to have a little more dedicated play and family space. After all, we do live in Denver, where it is not uncommon to have 3 feet of snow on the ground. Try having four 8-year-olds over to your house for a sleepover and see how much room you have. We are hoping this can be a solution.


Little does everyone know, once that playroom space is no longer needed, I might make it into a secondary studio...I'm thinking big tools now.

3 comments:

  1. YAY for the finished basement! I love DIY projects. Is Rob doing the work? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous - you'll have so much space. That's a luxury that SF Bay Area does not offer - space. Yes, it's nice to think so far ahead because kids grow up so fast.

    Love your work! See you on Twitterland. :)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just letting you know that I gave you the One Lovely Blog Award on my blog. The post is up right now- http://studio618.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-award-one-lovely-blog.html. Hope I can send some people your way.

    ReplyDelete