Friday, January 29, 2010

I love elfa...before/after studio shots




You know what your room looks like when you decide to clean the closet, get everything out and have it in piles around the room, and then decide you are too tired to finish?

Well, that was a pretty good visual of my studio before its storage makeover. It was a mish-mash of whatever we had left over...2 old desks and a printer stand that's wobbly.

Now I'm an IKEA girl at heart, but unfortunately the closest one to me is 569 miles away...a little too far to drive, and for large purchases I need to see the product before I buy.

So last summer I got the elfa catalog and quietly waited until this January for their twice-yearly sale to snag my 30% off.

Let me just say, it was soooo worth the wait....absolutely love my elfa shelving. Nine feet of glorious counterspace and 30 wire-mesh drawers that hold an incredible amount of supplies.

The upside....kind of like when you get a new bike. You really want to keep it nice and new, so I have been making a concerted effort to keep things clean.

Finally my studio feels more like my minimalist style.

3 comments:

  1. Love your makeover! I'm waiting for the Elfa sale this year. But I'm having the hardest time deciding between the Elfa platinum drawers and driftwood top OR the Elfa white drawers and white top. Do you think the platinum drawers are able to "hide" things in them better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to ask... do you have the 29" or 34" tall drawers?

    ReplyDelete